What is wrong with Me too movement in India #MeToo

What is wrong with #MeToo movement is the same thing that is wrong with Feminism movement in India and any other movement which gets started with a good intention but then ends up getting hijacked for personal motive.
"Strong Women don't have 'me too' sob stories, they only have - I slapped him back short essays"
You do me favors, I do you favors 30 years later lets call it "me too".
A strong woman does not wait 30, 20, 10 years to speak up, she slaps him on the first "bad touch" and knocks him out.
Don't hide your weakness, the favors in returns that you enjoyed and the work you got by "I was too scared" cry now.
You were scared to say NO then because it was hard to stand up for what was right and you were scared to loose your status and position in the work place, so YOU CHOSE to accept the molestation and went back for more.
Its very easy to play the abla nari card later and gain sympathy.
The Shakti does not wait for a later date to speak up, she silences the evil on the spot.
I don't have 'me too' stories, anyone who tried got a tight slap then and there and I was never afraid to walk out with my head held high - be it in a Job or relationship!!!
P.S: Forget who wrote it & even if it is hypothetical or what not but understand what the person is trying to convey.
Source: Whatsapp

Who else is wrong with #MeToo
Male Bashing: Using a movement to just blindly do male bashing. Not realizing that the #MeToo movement is about harassment and not about male bashing. For people who have been shouting about “this is how men are”, did anyone care to talk about this?
Me too movement in India #MeToo
Believe the women basis a Hashtag: We haven’t learnt from our past experience of Jasleen Kaur incident or Rohtak sisters incident. The moments someone takes to twitter, we start believing it & give out judgement without any evidence.
Why surprised about Bollywood?: Isn’t this a known phenomenon in bollywood that harassment is a usual phenomenon. One should not even be surprised that these people indulge in such things. The only difference is now that it is coming out in the open. Casting couch was what it was years ago, it was shut down with the power of bollywood and showcased as if no such thing happens here. We all know what happens in bollywood. So now people showcasing the “real side” of these bollywood celebs is not going to change anything in bollywood for the least.
Me too movement in India #MeToo
Not taking a legal route: If there is a crime that has happened. What is the first step that someone is supposed to do? Complain it to the police, file an FIR, go to courts. Do something about it. What is currently happening, people are just taking names, telling their story and that is it. How does one ensure this comes to an end? You need to get the culprits behind bars, but then it seems it is more about the noise rather than actual action.
Suspicious Stories: I have read a few cases that has happened. I am not doubting the story, but look at what the women claim. If you are in your right frame of mind, you would leave that place or stay away from that person but then you didn’t.
    1. We were drinking at a party, I was not comfortable with him. He then invited me to his house so I went, there he again made me uncomfortable, then I slept at his house.
    2. I used to work with him, he used to touch me, feel me up. I didnt like it. I kept quiet thinking it will be fine and continued to work for him, he then again harassed me. Then one fine day he called me to his cabin/house and no one was there. He then forced himself on to me.
Still everything is fine: No it is not fine. But some people who want to use it to their benefit in order to get their work done or showcase that all is well are claiming that all is well in the industry. She is fine with women/men being asked to compromise in order to get work.
Me too movement in India #MeToo


Sources:

No comments